For the Willoughby Emerge Festival I curated a solo exhibition by emerging Sydney artist, Emily McGregor. Incinerator Art Space provided a harmonious stage for McGregor's works. Here is a little about the exhibition:
Morphogenesis is an exhibition embodying flux, memory, time and nature. Emily McGregor’s solo show is a sensitive and revealing observation of movement. Her sculptural installations resemble archaeological finds, organic and captured in transition; while her layered drawings are abstracted maps recording the marks of choreographed bodies.
Image credit: Emily McGregor, Before, 2015. Photo by Document Photography.
I have recently curated a fun but fierce all-female exhibition titled, Miss-REPRESENT at Incinerator Art Space.
Here is a little about the exhibition:
Contemporary Aboriginal artists Megan Cope, Hannah Bronte, Katie West, Lorna Munro, Merindah Donnelly and Tjanara Talbot set the record straight about misconceptions and misrepresentations of Aboriginality. Unapologetically conveying their individual beliefs and journeys through digital media and costume design, these six artists employ humour, satire, meditation and hip-hop to confront preconceptions of identity. Strong, informed and connected, these young and creative women take pride in standing up and representing.
15 June - 3 July, 2016
(C) Hannah Bronte, Still I Rise, video still, 2016
The Lemon Tree House Residency, Tuscany
I am thrilled to be selected as a writer for the Fall residency at The Lemon Tree House Residency, Tuscany.
Very much looking forward to immersing myself in writing, appreciating fine local wines & food and enjoying great conversations about art and the written word.
Curated an Exhibition by John Young. Opened March 2 2016
Modernity's End : Half the Sky
Two Australians in China
I was fortunate to curate an amazing narrative-based exhibition by pre-eminent Australian contemporary artist, John Young at Incinerator Art Space.
With invited artists Pei Pei He and Cyrus Tang.
Musical composition by Theodore Wohng.
March 2 - April 3, 2016
Image: Courtesy of John Young (C)
Cyrus Tang Catalogue Essay Commission
I'm excited to be commissioned by Arc One Gallery, Melbourne to write the catalogue essay about the poetic and haunting work of artist, Cyrus Tang.
For published essay, please visit my Portfolio>Arts Writing page.
- I was grateful to be selected for the Gunyah artist-in-residence program
- For a write up, view link:
www.gunyah.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/veni? Gunyah Blog
2012 John Fries Memorial Prize for emerging visual artists
- For the second consecutive year I have been selected as the 2012 JFMP guest curator.
- Congratulations to the winner of the 2012 JFMP, Jacob Leary (see the links page for further information).
First Draft Gallery
- Selected as First Draft Gallery's Emerging Curator for 2012. Curated the exhibition On the Y-Axis: Considering Vertical Perspective.
- Artists included: Laura McLean, Twana Sivan, Kit Webster, Sanne Mestrom, Fergus Binns, Kathleen Petyarre & Walangkura Napanangka.
2011 John Fries Memorial Prize for emerging visual artists
- Selected as the guest curator for the 2011 John Fries Memorial Prize
- Congratulations to the winner of the 2011 JFMP, Sanne Mestrom (see the links page for further information).